Wednesday, March 16, 2005

call in the dark

I was in the middle of a perfectly beautifully depressing story when a girl called me and I lost my emotional motivation for writing. At one moment I was a man lost, trying to figure out the scatter clues of his ransacked apartment. I stood their in the mist of my broken life when the phone rang. I pick it up and that world was shattered. So pleasant a voice and claming a demeanor one can’t but help but be drag (even kicking and screaming) to a happier state of mind. When the call ended I had lost all taste for the story. I simply couldn’t remember where I was taking the reader, but I didn’t want to know. I was simply glad to be alive and wanted to think of happier things for the moment. So here is to women and people and things that make us glad to be alive.
I would like to hear some things that have drag others into a more joyful disposition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shaleen said...

You, you have helped me come to a happier state from time to time. Just thought I'd let you know. ^_^

11:27 AM  
Blogger E.Marie said...

Friends. They are always there my best friend tells me to smile and no matter what mood i am in I can't help but do it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Amanda/Mandie said...

Scrub pants, watching movies with friends/family, inside jokes that make your sides hurt, seeing other people's successes :D. Watching little kids be little kids, hearing about my best friend's baby boy. Hanging out with the crew here, feeling the brush of the Spirit. Hearing soul lifting music. A really good, genuine hug from someone who gives out few hugs. Smelling a scent that awakens the senses. Watching children play t-ball and soccer (otherwise known as watching mob sports ^^). This list could go on and on for me. Thinking about things that pull me out of the darkness, I realize that there are many opportunities for me to be happy in life.

These opportunities have be long in discovering, but as I discover each new thing that lifts me, I realize how much the Lord and Heavenly Father love us. This realization is the ultimate boost to my soul.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home