Monday, November 29, 2004

Thoughts From Yesterday

As I sit here watching those little dancers; I think that I am wasting my time. Others walk around saying the same thing but with one difference, that they don't care. I put my head down on the table and look at the dancers once again as they flow in and out of the reality of my glass. "Why is there no music?" I yell ... No one pays heed. What are these dancers dancing to? Where is their music coming from and why can I not hear it. I kick my chair over as I stand up looking around for answerers, yet I find nothing once again. My chair is gone I know not where it went (maybe someone took it). I lay down on the table my vision falling upon the source of light for the room. This light seems to fallow the tune of the dancers. Why can it hear the music yet I cannot. I take another drink and decide to ask the light what it knows. I raise up heavily ,wishing I wasn't so weary, and ask the light to share with me it's knowledge. I place my ear next to the lamp hoping to hear it better. The conversation is short and turns up no new information only a burning sensation. I don't wish to lie back on the table. For that would only show me the lamp. I have no chair, and resting upon one would only face me to the mockery of the dancers. I step of the table and hear for the door. I am taking my drink with me. I fear it will be a long trip home cause I cannot find the door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shaleen said...

I'm going to relate this a bit with "The Polar Express". (Think the story, not necessarily the movie.) Near the end, when all the children are at the North Pole, and the boy for some reason cannot hear the music of the bells. Compare that with your inability to hear the music to which the dancers perform. The only way the young boy can hear the bells is if he believes in Santa and all that he has witnessed, without necessarily having seen all of it. Maybe there is something that you need to accept or believe in that, for some reason, you have been unable to allow it as real.

I don't know. It's just a thought. Anywho....yeah. Ummm....later.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home