Monday, January 10, 2005

Havaii


Back in Hawaii and life is good. What can be said so far. Since I forgot the power cable to my laptop I have been slow to use it. Think that I have to save it's use for more important things. The problem that arises is that I lose allot of the details of the events that happen. So only the most vivid remain, and they are still not as colorful as they should be. I can start by saying that I was a little taken at first by females. I had spent the last moth away from all of them and when I was around one again I was short of breath. The one that hit be the hardest was Kelsy. Just like the first time I meet her I was a little dazed. Do not miss understand me I have no tugging of my heart strings for her. It was that females have things about them that men are taken by. I believe that I was sucker punched there. If any girl would have gone after me those first few days I think I would have been lost to her. I was lucky in the sense that most people were just as dazed as me. Next follow the reuniting of friends that you have not seen for little under three weeks. These greats are like those of long lost friends that have spent a life time apart. People seem happy to see me. It was the first time in my life where people rushed to see me. The questions that became common place where: How was your Break? What did you do? and so on. It's all a little tier some, yet I am not spotless. People use these things cause they want to make conversation. They just do not know how to go about it. I did talk to the girl I had placed my eye on when I had left. I found myself A little pleased with myself. Cause I saw a girl I liked and went after her. We are now on a ok talking bases. She is a little quit and smiles very little but that may be the challenge that I am attracted to. The good thing about people like that is that it really works your conversation skills. Talking to people like that for just a little bit every day will give one a silver tong in record time.
People have told me that I am much more "huggy" then I was before. I think this is cause of the situation. It's not that I am against touch, it's just I don't get the casual touching. People rubbing shoulders and hugging hello. I am not a fan of that and wish no part of it. One gets the label of one with a bubble. One also gets lip and time he/she breaks what others thoughts of their limits are. this bores me and makes me sound wussy. Next point...
People ask what I got from Christmas. When I tell them an AC DC t-shirt they get almost upset with me. I tell them that it's all I asked for and I am very happy with it. They still want more details which I do not give them. I got more things but if we where exchanging lists then I want no part of that. I think people should only change stories of the high lights. If questions come up about those highlights more detail can the be gone into. Other wise there is no point. The next thing that happens is I miss read their looks as misunderstanding of the band. I like AC DC and think others should also. So I try to explain why their so good. Trying to explain something that one loves is hard. Because you want to explain emotions that you can't describe. You want them to understand things that can't be put to words. saying "This band rocks." is not a good explanation of why one likes them. It sounds as stupid as "Ice cream tastes good." So a rock band rocks. Great news flash, and yet it seems to make so much sense that the time of the explanation. "I like to dance cause it's fun." Sayings like these sound weird cause they are so simple and people mock them. When really is not the question the weird one. "Why do you like music?" When you ask a question where the answer should be simple do not be surprised by the simple answer.
Another thing was that I ran into Rachel today. Rachel was a girl I knew in Utah. I find her entertaining and very good for my esteem. She is always telling me how great I am. My father said I need to learn how to take a complement. I agree I never have been good at it. Seeing her today was weird cause I had no idea she had come up here. She had talked about it and had called me once wanting info about registration. That however was it. So when she says hey to me in one of my classes I was really shocked. I am bad with women and have no idea when it comes to feelings a such. I heard however that she liked me from my friend that worked with her. I got a little self centered when I first saw her. I was so shallow to think that she came out here just for me. That kind of obsession is things of movies. Movies I like by the way but are still creepy. I quickly got off my high horse. and acted like nothing was new. Which is my best defense when I think girls like me. Is act like you are dumb and are not picking up on things. It's not that I want to hurt them. It's that I like having them as a friend and don't want to waste that. People that know me will tell you I am not that great. I'm a jerk, a dork, make crappy jokes, and slow to pick things up. I however am able to place a candy coting on all of this and come off smelling like roses. I should go into politics. The one thing however is that I can not keep up false personals to people that seem to care about them. Did I mention that I am one giant flak. Anything that one might get started with me could change the next day. So in summery falling for me is a fools ideal.

5 Comments:

Blogger a man from Saipan said...

Women.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Fei said...

If your sense of smell is shot, how do you really know that you smell like roses?

There are 2 kinds of men in this world: The ones that play dumb and pretend pretend not to pick up on hints, and those who really are.

It's ok. I've pulled the "dumb asian girl" stunt before. It worked. He was so frustrated he said "What's the point of flirting if the girl just doesn't get the flirt?" and I said something like "Oh man, yeah, it sucks when people don't get it when you're trying to flirt with them." Hahah.

I'd do it again given the opportunity. But usually, most guys don't gross me out that bad so I just flirt right back.

4:54 AM  
Blogger E.Marie said...

I had a bubble when i first got here to. dont like to hug people i dont know. I didnt hug my best friend till after a year of knowing her. so no worries do what ya want. and ya want to know what i got for christmas. othing. Now i dont care im just glad no one has asked me cause i dont think they would understand. my family just big into presents. Just helping eachother.
Has Maris got her cable yet? and very cool that you have another friend here to.
see ya round

11:42 PM  
Blogger Vasu Chetty said...

I agree with Justin.

Women.

Can't live with them, can't get to the celestial kingdom without them.

I think I've almost completely given up on women. I don't know how to act around them. I figure if I like them I should act like I like them, because if they like me then they'll know and it's stupid to hide your feelings. Whereas if I act like I don't like them and they like me, they might think I don't like them and stop going after me. Then it gets even more complicated if they don't like you, because if you like them and you show it and they don't like you then most of them have a problem telling you, I respect women who can be upfront let me tell you. And then there's also the time where she doesn't like you and you act like you don't like her and everything turns out fine, you can go on being "just friends" (as Benson boy told me, it sounds stupid, but it's the only way to say it). So yeah, relationships are too complicated.

Oh and by the way, you're a jerk and a dork, you make crappy jokes and you're slow to pick things up... =P. Just kidding - I think you're hilarious, you can almost always make me laugh (or at least crack a smile, and believe me that's an accomplishment) and you're a guy - all guys are slow to pick things up! As for being a jerk and a dork, well... lol, I think you are very gentlemanly Judge, if that makes you feel any better. I think you respect woman a lot and I admire that. I think it's good to be more huggy, I think I've gotten more huggy too - although I'm not sure. I definitely know I'm more huggy than I was back home, and definitely more... animated? I don't even want to mention how old I was when I first hugged a girl, because frankly - it's embarrassing. I think it's good that I came out here and became a part of this diverse and eccentric group. I think life back home was getting very dreary for me. I miss my family and friends a lot though.

Anyways, I better go before this place becomes my blog too, I always write too much. Speaking of which I have put up a new blog on my site if you want to check it out.

And Stuff,
~Vasu~

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow JUDGE! This one, I'm happy to tell you, is the first one I really understood..hehehe!
Well, what can I say? Let's start from the first one, shall we?

It's a little too late to ask (though I did) but lemme repeat.."How was your break?" Naw, just kiddin'. Atleast people try to find ways to start a conversation. I'm not a very good communicator (and you know that) so I find it very helpful when the other person always thinks of something to talk about rather than me do the thinking.

Now with that "huggy" thing...I'VE NEVER HUGGED ANYBODY BEFORE EXCEPT FOR MY PARENTS! I've never hugged my brothers until they went on their mission..those are the first and the last hug I gave them.. so when I got the first hug from a guy here, I found it weird and...awkward...I was uncomfortable at first. I'm not into those things either. I'd rather have them start the action than me starting it. Yours was the last that I got..

About Rachel...hmmm..interesting. Well, all i can say is that..never ignore a girl's feeling for ya...but don't take advantage of it either. It sucks when guys(people) do that. Side comment, I'd rather have them as friends too than "lovers"...duh!

I agree with vasu,,,relationships are complicated and fallin' in love sucks! Hey, hey,,,wait a minute, HOLD BACK! I've said those coz I'm just sick of feelin' for guys..hehehe! That's just me, don't ever believe whatever I say..(you think I always lie anyways so better stick on that thought..)
there's just so many things to comment on. About u being a jerk, a dork and makes crappy joke...I DON'T THINK SO! I get to let out my "happy" side whenever I'm with you (coz u know I'm always feelin' terrible..remember, u quoted mother teresa, "BE HAPPY ANYWAYS"..it really hit me though i just gave u a smirk). And I always notice that you can easily make people bring out their beautiful smiles whenever you talk to them...so..you're definitely not a jerk..

Well, I guess that's all! Alas! I've understood your blog..hehehe! It's a long comment so sorry..I talk a lot..

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home